Fire Risk Assessment
The course has been developed to equip Senior Managers and other personnel with fire safety responsibilities with necessary knowledge and skills to satisfy their fire safety responsibilities.
Aim and objectives of the course
The aim of the course is to train those with responsibilities for fire safety matters in the workplace. To train them in the skills and knowledge needed to achieve the standards of competence so they can carry out their fire safety management duties. Delegates will develop a knowledge / understanding of:
• Extant fire legislation / Impending changes to fire legislation
• Fire risk assessments
• Fire Science, including initiation, fire growth and extinguishment
• Fire safety measures and precautions; and the skills to
• Carry out, record & review fire risk assessments of their workplace;
• Specify fire protection equipments;
• Develop company fire safety policies & procedures
• Extant fire safety legislation / Future changes to fire safety legislation
• Fire Science
• Review of major fire incidents
• Principles of fire risk assessment (with practical Exercise)
• Fire risk reduction
A practical Fire Risk Assessment exercise will need to be satisfactorily completed by attendees to validate understanding and knowledge of the course materials.
Duration: 3 Days
Size: 10 –15
Notes: CITB grants will be available to member companies.